Hey everyone, happy Monday!!!!
I don’t know if I dreamed of tomatoes & basil bruschetta or what?🤔🤷🏽♀️, but i woke up in the mood to eat that; soooo guess what I had for breakfast lol? …waO! You’re very good at guessing , go play the lottery!!!
Yes, I had Traditional Tomato & Basil Italian bruschetta 🌿 🍅 🥖 …it was a very fresh,and tasty, and delicious, and everything 😋 breakfast !!!
As always I’ll drop the recipe down below for you!!
2 to 3 plum tomatoes, freshly chopped
1/4 cup basil, freshly chopped
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons freshly chopped red onion
2 large cloves garlic
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Salt to taste
1 French baguette, cut into about 1/2-inch thick slices
Balsamic vinegar to taste ( this is optional )
1. In a large bowl combine , tomatoes, onion, 1 smashed clove garlic, 2 tablespoons of oil, salt and pepper. Mix gently, and set to the side .
2. Cut bread into slices; brush one side of each slice of bread with remaining olive oil. Place bread slices, oiled-side-up, onto a roasting pan and toast each side until lightly browned.
3. While the bread is toasting add the basil, and balsamic vinegar to the tomato mixture.
4. Cut a clove garlic in half, and rub each slice of toasted bread with it.
5. Top with tomato mixture. Serve immediately. Enjoy !!!