Let’s talk about my dinner tonight!
I’ve never been a big fan of sushi, but tonight I felt like “rolling” together some of my favorite flavors; so here is my first ever homemade “sushi”.
I tried to avoid all of the ingredients that I personally don’t like.
If you do try this recipe, let me know if you liked it, and I’m open to any recommendations from you.
Rice paper Sheets
1 cup short grain rice
2 cups water
1/2 sweet plantain
1 tablespoons sesame oil
1. Thoroughly rinse rice until water runs clear.
2. Place the rice and 2 cups of water into a medium saucepan and place over high heat. Bring to a boil, uncovered. Once it begins to boil, reduce the heat to the lowest setting and cover. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
3. Let rice thoroughly cool and transfer to nonmetallic bowl.
4. Mix sesame oil , and salt until dissolved and pour into rice. Gently mix rice to
5. Prepare veggies and cut into strips. Be sure and deseed cucumber.
6. Peel the plantain, cut it into slices, and grill it in a cooking pot until the color turns golden.
7. Fill a large bowl with warm water, and deep the rice paper in it until it softens. Piece it on a plate with rough side facing up.
8. Apply rice to rice paper sheet covering all. About 1/2″ thick. Flip it over a mat.
9. Layer veggies on botton of rice paper and, carefully roll keeping all veggies tucked inside roll.
10. Slice with a wet knife
11. Keep hands and knife rinsed from sticky rice at all times
12. Season with tastes sesame seeds if desired, and use sauce of your choice.